A high performance home is usually designed by an architect or building designer.
They are carefully designed to suit the specific site conditions.
Good orientation can increase the energy efficiency of your home making it more comfortable to live in and cheaper to run.
Below are some ingredients to creating a High Performance Home:
- High levels of insulation
- Specific glazing for windows and door types
- Low energy consumption appliances and lighting
- High quality, environmentally friendly and sustainable building materials
- Minimal heating and cooling